How to Join
Before starting the registration process, students should talk to their parent(s)/guardian(s) about riding and racing with us. Joining the team is a commitment of time and resources, and should be a family decision. Check your eligibility here.
Come back in April to register for the 2020 season
Step 1: Register with District 834 - $50.00
- The first step of our registration process is to pay the District fees through FeePay. Once logged into FeePay, select "Secondary Athletics and Clubs" and use "Mountain Bike" in the search feature to find us. The Stillwater Area High School registration fee for all clubs is $50.00. This fee is not shared with the Team and is required by the school.
- Important: Each student athletes must have a current physical on file with the district in order to register for the Stillwater MTB. You can check the status of physicals by visiting the Pony Activities site. If a rider does not have a current physical, you will not see "Mountain Bike Team" as an option when trying to register with FeePay. There will be no registration extensions for not having a valid physical on file.
Step 2: Register with the Team - $150.00
- When FeePay closes, those who have registered will receive an email with the link to the Team Registration. As part of the team registration process, both the rider and a parent/guardian will need to read and acknowledge our Sportsmanship and Conduct Standards and our Riding Policies.
- We will also send an invite for a TeamSnap account (this is our team communication app), if a rider does not already one one. Using the invite, create an account and complete the needed information. You can add additional emails to this account so parents/guardians and friends can follow our team. Please add cell phone numbers to your account so you can receive text messages for last minute updates on bad weather, practice changes and cancellations.
Step 3: Registration with NICA - $100.00
- When everyone has registered with the team, we will re-activate the riders in NICA's PitZone, the secure app that will track your race registrations. If a rider does not yet have a Pit Zone account, we will send an invite to the student's email address used during the team registration process. We need a unique email address for each student joining, so siblings can not use the same email address. Once a rider's account has been created or re-activated, the rider will need to go through the NICA registration system and fill in or verify all information.
- Finish the NICA registration by paying the $100.00 registration fee. This fee includes membership to NICA as well as supplemental insurance for the rider. No rider will be allowed to practice with the team until this fee has been paid.
Participation in at least one race is required
- You will use PitZone to register for races as we go through the season. Races are $50.00 per student athletes per race before race day or $60.00 per student athletes per race on the day of each race. Cut off for race pre-registration is typically the Tuesday before the race weekend. You can register for all races at once or register as you go. If you register for all races before the season starts, NICA is offering a single one-time fee of $150.00, a savings of $100.00.