The SAHS Mountain Bike Team is looking for students interested in being Equipment Manager Trainees. This exciting sport is heavily reliant on equipment. The Equipment Manager is a volunteer Varsity Lettering position. We are a 501(c)3 non-profit organization, so your volunteer work will look great on college applications!
As Equipment Manager, you will be in a position to support the team in a non-racing capacity. You will receive training in the field of bicycle mechanics and bicycle race support from Team Director, Calvin Jones, a licensed race mechanic with Olympic and World Championship cycling work experience.
Equipment Manager duties include
- Overseeing security and safety of bikes and equipment
- Assist and instruct other students in repair of their racing bicycles and components
- Report bicycle related issues of performance and safety to head Equipment Managers, Team Director and coaches
- Manage team owned equipment such as bike stands, radios, tents, components, etc.
- Manage the inventory of team supplies such as grease, small parts, inner tubes, etc.
- Open team facilities after school and before team members arrive for workout
- Attend races and work team tent during competition (optional for trainees)
- Repair bikes quickly and efficiently during the actual competition
Typical Weekly Schedule for September - October
- Mondays - Bike Maintenance Day: 3:00 - 5:00 pm. Assist student riders with repairs and maintenance of rider bikes and equipment.
- Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday: After school - 3:15 pm. The EM’s will unlock the bikes, assist in any last minute repairs, and check team owned equipment
- Race Day: Equipment Managers attend the race with riders, team director, and coaches. EM’s will arrive early to help set up the team pit area, work on bikes, assist during the race, and then tear down and pack up after the race. It is a long day of work. Race days will be optional for EM trainees.